Ok, I won’t let you wait for the answer to this question. The best way to keep your premises clean is by using a power washer.
A power washer, also known as a pressure washer is nothing but a mechanical sprayer which is used to get rid of grime, mold, loose paint and other forms of dirt from the surface of different objects. The volume of pressure exerted by this device is expressed in terms of liter per minute or gallons. This piece of equipment is often designed like a pump, and it comes with an unloading valve which can be used to adjust the pressure.
How it’s Built
Here are the main parts of this device
- Motor: It comes with a motor which can be hydraulic, pneumatic, internal combustion or driven by electricity. The pump is used to drive a water pump which requires high pressure.
- Hose: It is through the hose, the high pressure is being generated. Like the hose nozzles used in gardens, the water’s velocity can be increased with the help of this hose.
- Trigger Gun: The trigger gun is used to set the device in action.
What to Look For
If you are planning to buy one of these devices, then there are certain aspects which you must bear in mind. Look out for the following features.
- Size and Weight: Make sure it is light weighted and compact in terms of size. This would help with operating this device.
- Hose: The host should be able to generate high pressure and must be flexible.
- Nozzles: Opt for those, which come with varieties of different types of nozzles.
- Spray Wand: Make sure that the spray wand is made of steel
- Detergent Tank: The device must be available with an on board detergent tank.
- Spray Gun: A machine with an on board spray gun is always recommended
How to Get the Best Out of It
Here are a few tips which you might find useful while using this device.
- To ensure that the pump and tank is protected from corrosion and freezing during the winter, pump preservatives should be used.
- Take a bottom-up approach when it comes to washing any vertical surface. While rinsing, take a top-down approach.
- It is recommended that you used the low-pressure, broadest nozzle which can deliver sufficient cleaning. If you try and use a narrow nozzle, it might cut the surface you intend to clean.
- Make sure to hold the nozzle at a distance from the surface you are cleaning. This would prevent it from being damaged. In order to get the best of results, the tip of the nozzle should be positioned at an angle.
- Never spray water under or behind vertical surfaces like lap siding. Maintain the rule when it comes to electrical equipment like lights, air-conditioners, attic vents or soffit vents.
- Make sure you move the nozzle so that the water does not cut into the surface (as this might lead to humidity problems
- Before you fill up the fuel tank of the pressure washer, make sure that the gasoline is being treated with fuel stabilizer.
These devices are very efficient when it comes to cleaning. They are capable of removing the most stubborn stain marks and dirt, and they are even available with more advanced features.